The CVPH Wellness & Fitness Center has a six lane 25 meter pool which has a deep end of 13 feet and a shallow end of 3.5 feet. There is a lifeguard on at all times and the pool is handicap accessible with a lift chair going into the water. We keep the temperature of our pool between 82 and 84 degrees. We provide a wide variety of pool equipment.
We also have many aquatic programs and activities including:
- Group aquatic exercise programs: Shallow Water Aerobics, Deep Water Aerobics
- Parent & Child Swim Lessons: Ages 4 months to 4 years old
- Learn to Swim Program: Ages 4-15 years old
- Pre-Team (Ages 6-15): Learn skills required to join a competitive swim team
- Adult Stroke Evaluations
- Private Swim Lessons: One-on-one, partner & group options
Parent & Child Swim Lessons
Parent & Child Swim Lessons familiarizes young children (from 4 months to 4 years) to the water and prepares them for our Learn To Swim Program. This program gives parents safety information and teaches techniques to help orient their children to the water. It also provides direction regarding how to supervise water activities in a responsible manner. This course is a bonding experience that will provide the parents and children with wonderful lifelong memories.
September 19th – October 24th
6 weeks each session
5:30 – 6:00pm (4 months – 2 years)
6:00 – 6:30pm (2-4 years)
Learn to Swim Program – American Red Cross
Structured by the Red Cross, our swimming classes for kids are tailored to the needs of each child, so that he or she can progress at a comfortable pace. And although some children may advance more quickly or slowly, our instructors ensure that everyone receives the instruction they need.
The Learn-to-Swim program focuses on building skills one step at a time. By giving them the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next, our kids’ swim classes make it easy to build confidence in the water. Ages 4-15.
Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
Level 3: Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
Level 4: Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
September 19th – November 9th
8 weeks each session
Tuesdays and Thursdays – Utilizes one lap lane
First week will be used for skill testing and level placement.
Level 1 – 3:30-4:00pm
Level 2 – 4:00-4:30pm
Level 3 – 4:30-5:00pm
Level 4 – 5:00-5:30pm
In this program children learn the skills required to join a competitive swim team. Children will develop proper swimming mechanics, improve body balance, increase swimming endurance, and learn ‘correct’ competitive swim strokes. Participants build from existing skills developed in a beginner learn to swim program. This program is designed to transition children into a competitive swim team, and targeted towards those ages 6 – 15 years old.
September 18th – November 8th
8 weeks each session
Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-5:30pm
Children wishing to participate in the Pre-Team Swim Program must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Swim 1 Pool Length of overhand front crawl stroke
- Swim 1 Pool Length on his/her back
- Must be ‘familiar’ with the Whip Kick (Breaststroke Kick, Frog Kick, etc.)
- Ability to jump into the deep end of the pool and safely return to wall without assistance
- Ability to exhale under water and inhale above water (i.e. bobs), and be willing to swim with their face in the water
- Must wear swim cap, goggles, and an appropriate swimming suit
- Must be able to practice skills/swim semi-continuously for 1.5 hours
- Must be able to stay focused and follow directions in a group setting for 1.5 hours
Friday Night Family Swim
Open to members and non-members in the community, these fun filled Friday evenings give families the chance to get out of the house and do something fun! All swimmers must sign a waiver prior to entering the pool. Children under 16 must have a parent / guardian present; Children under 8 must have a parent / guardian in the water with them. Limited locker space available. No pool inner tubes or flotation devices allowed. Only personal life-vests or swimming floaties are allowed. Pool equipment not accessible; noodles, water weights, kick boards, pull buoys, and float belts.
November 3rd – May 25th
Free to members
$2.00 a person for non-members